Support Chattanooga ministries responding to COVID-19
We want to invite you to donate to GeneroCity: COVID-19 Fund. For over 50 years, The Generosity Trust has been committed to empowering joyful generosity in Chattanooga. During this time of quarantine, we want to make sure the most vulnerable in our city have access to essential services and goods. To that end, we have established a COVID-19 Fund.
100% of your donation will support Chattanooga-area ministries that are on the front lines serving vulnerable neighborhoods and individuals. GeneroCity is just one way The Generosity Trust carries forward the vision of our founder, Dora Maclellan Brown, who gave generously from her financial resources to prosper Chattanooga.
All funds will be distributed to ministries who are addressing the following issues:
- Ministry Care – making sure organizations serving vulnerable populations are able to maintain their services
- Food Security – making sure low-income neighborhoods have adequate food supply
- Elder Care – making sure our most vulnerable are cared for
- Health Care – making sure community clinics remain open and supplied
The distribution of funds will be determined by our GeneroCity Advisory Council consisting of select members of the Staff and Board of The Generosity Trust, with input from trusted community leaders.
- Must be definitively Christian in its outreach – meet people at their point of need, endeavor to meet that need, and use that interaction as a springboard to share the Gospel of Jesus with them
- Frontline Ministry – ministries that are responding to those facing loss of income, food insecurity, health challenges, and other difficulties resulting from Covid-19
Ministries seeking support should submit a one-page letter with the following:
- The name of the ministry
- Contact information for the leadership of the ministry
- A simple description of a new need due Covid-19 and its ripple effects.
- The amount of the request
- The impact on the Kingdom of Christ
- The desired outcome of the grant
The GeneroCity Grants Committee will be looking for new needs that the ministry is facing due to the current crisis.
Ways to Give
Give online to the GeneroCity COVID-19 Fund by clicking the button below.
THOSE WITH TGT DONOR-ADVISED FUNDS
- Log into DonorCentral
- Select New Recommendation
- Select TGTCCCF as the recipient charity
- Enter GeneroCity: Covid-19 Fund in Grant Purpose
- TGT will then do an internal transfer from your fund to the GeneroCity: Covid-19 Fund.
If you’d like to donate stock or have questions, please contact us using the form below.
The Generosity Trust is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
GeneroCity: Faith-Based Virtual Learning Centers
An abundance of Zoom meetings. Countless technology upgrades. Numerous on-line classes. COVID-19 restrictions have accelerated the use of technology beyond our wildest dreams. Home-life in 2020 has changed drastically, particularly for parents of school-age students.
Compassion Inspired Generosity
Our donors understand that many in our community are hurting, and they have responded by increasing their grant-making to the ministries helping those in need.
Giving Tuesday Now
#GivingTuesdayNow is a global emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. On May 5, 2020, people around the world will stand together in generosity and connect with others.
GET IN TOUCH
345 Frazier Ave., Unit 205
Chattanooga, TN 37405
STAY IN TOUCH
Keep up with the latest from The Generosity Trust through our monthly emails.
By subscribing, you're opting in to receive emails from us. And we're promising not to spam you.