TGT’s Disaster Relief Fund
Coming alongside local evangelical churches who are serving those in the East Brainerd Community affected by the Easter Sunday tornado, The Generosity Trust has recently made its first round of disaster-relief grants to assist families and individuals who have lost so much. Thanks to the concern and compassion of our donors, over $22,300 has been dispersed to five area churches that are serving as the hands and feet of Christ to those in need. Receiving grants to date are Calvary Chapel, City Church of Chattanooga, Covenant Presbyterian, The Crossing, and Woodland Park Baptist. A second round of grants is expected.
We appreciate our donors partnering with us and these churches who are meeting people in their time of need.
GeneroCity COVID-19 Grants
The Generosity Trust has made two rounds of grants from the GeneroCity COVID-19 Fund totaling over $89,000, with a third round coming soon.
Eleven Chattanooga-area Christian ministries have received grants to date. These frontline ministries and organizations are helping those in need and using that interaction as an opportunity to share God’s love.
Grants were made to Bethel Bible Village; The Bethlehem Center; Choices Pregnancy Resource Center; First Things First; Hope for the Inner City; House of Refuge; Kingdom Partners; LifeSpring Community Health; Shepherd’s Arms Rescue Mission; Union Gospel Mission; and the Salvation Army.
Grants were made so that organizations could:
- Provide groceries and meal deliveries
- Provide lunches to students who cannot attend school
- Provide student activity packs
- Provide meals to home-bound senior citizens
- Keep food pantries open
- Counsel patients with medical concerns
- Provide services to the Hispanic community
- Provide diapers and cleaning supplies
- Care for the needs of recently COVID-paroled inmates
- Provide tech services to inner-city churches
- Provide healthcare to at-risk teens
- Provide shelter alternatives for the homeless
- Meet food/utilities/rent assistance for at-risk communities
These and many other needs were identified and are being met through grants from this Fund to the frontline ministries listed.
Continue to pray with us for the people in need, and for the ministries responding to these needs. And, as the Lord leads you, please continue to give to the GeneroCity COVID-19 Fund at The Generosity Trust, so we may continue to respond in Jesus name to the needs of our community.
STAY IN TOUCH
Keep up with the latest from The Generosity Trust through our monthly emails.
By subscribing, you're opting in to receive emails from us. And we're promising not to spam you.